Let me start out by saying that Katie and I was truly excited to try crock pot garlic mashed potatoes. This buttery fluffy goodness was supposed to take 2-3 hours. I naturally started the process at 4 pm thinking they will be done around 6:30 pm. After an awful 7 hours, these potatoes were barely done and our stomachs were not happy with us. Also, the garlic was not cooked with the potatoes so it ended up being a sticky starch mess with raw garlic surprises. They don’t deserve a beautiful end product picture.
The bright side to this bitter (my mood not taste) disaster is that they were great leftovers.
Try at your own risk
- 2 pounds red potatoes, washed and chopped into 2-inch pieces (you don’t need to peel them)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes)
- ½ teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk