Katie and I ended our Valentine’s Day with a Magic Cake; or at least that’s what the cake is called. Following each step of this recipe is very important and at one point it does resemble cheese curds. The reason why it is called Magic Cake is because you make one simple liquid batter and through the cooking process it makes 3 separate layers.
FYI it was very eggy and I recommend making a fruit compote to balance out the taste.
- 4 eggs (separate yolks from whites) at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 125 g (1 stick or ½ cup) butter, melted
- 115 g (4 oz or ¾ cup) of GF all purpose flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk lukewarm
- powdered sugar for dusting cake